Welcome to ICSEW!
In The News
- "Madam C.E.O., Get Me a Coffee" article posted Feb 6, 2015 in The New York Times. Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant take a look at women doing 'Office Housework.' This is a must read!
- May 29: "Health is the New Wealth." The 11th Annual Health and Wellness Fair will be located at the Labor and Industries (L&I) Auditorium, Linderson Way SW, Tumwater, WA 98501; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and the L&I website has directions. There will be up to 40 vendors showcasing fitness activities, chair massages, healthy cuisine, and chiropractor screenings to name a few. The best part--participation is free! See the Health and Wellness subcommittee web page and newsletter for more information. Hope to see you there.
For Your Information
- The ICSEW Legislative and Policy subcommittee is working hard monitoring Bills related to ICSEW's mission. Go to the subcommittee's web page for a list of Bill updates for March 2015 and other helpful information.
- Upcoming STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Summer Camp for 8th grade girls! The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is providing an AAUW National Tech Trek Program for a weeklong summer camp focused on STEM; from July 12 - 18th in Tacoma and July 26 - Aug 1 in Cheney. Find more out information such as nominating girls from your school and summer camp details here.
- See our Resources page to read about "Understanding Benefits of State Employment" and "Department of Transportation's Telework Pilot Program."
- Check out the United States Department of Labor Women's Bureau blog for up-to-date information about issues important to women. See blog and subscribe today!
- Help ICSEW Celebrate 50 Years Strong 1963 to 2013!