Welcome to ICSEW!
In The News
- "Madam C.E.O., Get Me a Coffee" article posted Feb 6, 2015 in The New York Times. Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant take a look at women doing 'Office Housework.' This is a must read!
For Your Information
- The ICSEW Legislative and Policy subcommittee is working hard monitoring Bills related to ICSEW's mission. Go to the subcommittee's web page for a list of Bill updates for March 2015 and other helpful information.
- Professional Clothing Drive March 20 - April 2, 2015! See the Outreach subcommittee web page for more information on how you can donate gently used professional clothing and accessories to help women who are looking for work and can't afford to buy new clothing for that all-important job interview. ICSEW is partnering with YWCA, WorkSource Thurston County, Pacific Mountain Workforce, and Department of Social and Health Services WorkFirst Program to be an advocate and provide donations for Kathleen's Closet. See flyer.
- Upcoming STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Summer Camp for 8th grade girls! The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is providing an AAUW National Tech Trek Program for a weeklong summer camp focused on STEM; from July 12 - 18th in Tacoma and July 26 - Aug 1 in Cheney. Find more out information such as nominating girls from your school and summer camp details here.
- Wow! The 2014 ICSEW - Other Bank Toiletries Drive raised $14,288 worth of essential hygiene items to help hundreds of women, girls, men, and families. "Thank you for the help this month. I was not sure how I was going to get my clothes clean for work. The Other Bank really helped me feel better and look good for work." -- Other Bank Client. Read more here.
- See our Resources page to read about "Understanding Benefits of State Employment" and "Department of Transportation's Telework Pilot Program."
- Check out the United States Department of Labor Women's Bureau blog for up-to-date information about issues important to women. See blog and subscribe today!
- Help ICSEW Celebrate 50 Years Strong 1963 to 2013!